Philanthropy Together along with Philanos and other networks are hosting the We Give Summit throughout the month of May!
The We Give Summit is designed to ignite and unite all of us in the powerful movement of collective giving.
Open to giving circle members, philanthropy experts, community leaders, and social impact newcomers, we've been learning, growing, and dreaming together across four weeks in May as we joined sessions centered on this year's theme: Stronger Together.
Here's a quick event overview:
- 100+ incredible speakers who are making an impact their community through collective giving including Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal, Emmy-Winning Documentary Filmmaker Abigail Disney, Author Edgar Villanueva.
- 25+ sessions that began on May 4 and have continued every Wednesday and Thursday throughout the month.
- Hundreds of giving circle members and supporters from around the world connecting during lively networking events.
- Session topics are covering everything from connecting with the next generation of givers to embedding racial equity into your giving circle to building a movement.
If you've been participating, we hope you've been enjoying it so far. If you haven't yet had a chance, it's not too late to join in the learning and fun! See the full schedule and register here.
And, make sure to check-out the Philanos-hosted sessions that have taken place, and those coming up:
- Trust-Based Philanthropy: How Giving Circles Can Redistribute Power - Wednesday, May 12th, noon ET. Features Impact 100 Richmond (Talley Baratka) and Washington Women's Foundation (Kris Kaminishi).
- When Women of Color Lead, Climate and Environment Win - Wednesday, May 12th, 1 PM ET. Hosted by Gwen Wesley Philanos Board Member (Spirit of St. Louis) and features speakers from Rachel's Network (new Philanos network affiliate), the New York City Environmental Justice Alliance, and Georgia Conservation Voters.
- The Shecession: Making Informed Funding Choices after COVID's Impact on Women and Girls – Wednesday, May 12th, 2 PM ET. Hosted by Paula Liang, Philanos Chair, featuring Anna Fink of Amalgamated Bank and Dr. C. Nicole Mason, Institute for Women's Policy Research.
- Philanos Communications: Tips and Tools - Wednesday, May 12th, 7 PM ET. Virginia Mills, Philanos Founding Member and Board Member (Giving WoMN) and Maggie Glasgow, Philanos Board Member (Greenville Women Giving). Virginia and Maggie are the Communications Co-Chairs for Philanos and will share ideas and resources from their recently revamped communications plan.
- Against All Odds: Growing Membership in a Pandemic - Wednesday, May 19th, 2 PM ET. Hosted by Susan Benford, Philanos Chair-Elect (The Philanthropy Connection, Boston), featuring Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz (Women's Giving Circle of Howard County), Jennifer Bennett (Impact San Antonio), and Maureen Romito (Impact Las Vegas).
- Start Your Giving Circle's Endowment and Grow Your Impact - Wednesday, May 26, 1 PM ET. Hosted by Susan Benford, Philanos Chair-Elect (The Philanthropy Connection, Boston) with professional advisors Amanda Long, Philanthropy-Strategist Group, and Sherry Magill, Jessie Ball duPont Fund, on how to start or strengthen an endowment for your giving circle.
Learn, grow, and think big with hundreds of everyday givers during the final weeks of May - join us!