- What are the accommodation rates and how do I book a room? The PowerUP! 2023 Baltimore Conference will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore, a waterfront hotel in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. We have a discounted block of rooms which will be available until October 14, 2023 or until we fill the number of rooms in the block. Please see your PowerUP! registration confirmation email with the link to book your hotel room.
- What is the hotel cancellation policy? For the hotel cancellation policy, please refer to your hotel reservation confirmation or hotel website.
- If I want to share a room, call the hotel directly once you've booked a room online to let them know your specific room request. Most rooms include a queen size sleeper sofa.
- Is airport transportation to/from the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore provided? No, but the Four Seasons is easily accessed from Baltimore Washington International (BWI) airport and other locations, check out the hotel’s directions.
- All registrations are not considered complete until paid in full.
- Who is eligible for member rates? Philanos Affiliate rates are available to anyone who is a member of a Philanos Affiliate, DMV Collective Giving Network or Maryland Philanthropy Network. Philanos Affiliate members must be in our system and linked to your affiliate organization to receive Philanos Affiliate registration rates. DMV and MPN members will receive a registration code. Email any questions prior to registering to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I transfer my conference registration? Yes, you may transfer your registration one time for a $120 admin fee. Send your request to email@example.com and include the email address on the original registration and the full name, affiliate organization and email address the registration should be transferred to.
- What is the conference cancellation policy? The Philanos conference registration cancellation policy is a full refund less a $120 cancellation fee, if notice is received by September 25, 2023. Otherwise, payment is fully forfeited. All conference registration cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: For the hotel cancellation policy, please refer to your hotel confirmation or hotel website. Philanos and our conference co-host affiliates are not responsible for notifying the hotel of changes or cancellation of your reservation.
- Can I register for a portion of the conference? A la carte registration will be offered later in the summer, provided space is available.
- Will there be a hybrid (virtual) option to attend the conference? We will offer the keynote plenary and four breakout sessions on Monday for a limited number of virtual attendees, provided space is available.
- What are the registration costs/categories? All conference and registration information can be found on our website.
- What if my organization becomes a member of Philanos after I have registered as a non-member? If your organization is considering joining before the conference, terrific! You may join here. We recommend that you register after your organization joins Philanos in order to receive the affiliate conference rates. Philanos will not refund the difference between non-member rates and member rates if your organization joins Philanos after you have registered, pursuant to the cancellation policy outlined above.
- Can I hold general registration spots at the member rate and fill in the names of attendees later? No, registration is limited to one name and email address, with no multiple registrations by an email address allowed. Registrations are not considered complete until paid in full.
- Can I request special meals? We offer vegan, gluten free and vegetarian meals. If you have allergies, please add them to the comments field but also tell your server.
- When will the program be available? What can I expect in terms of breakout sessions? We will announce sessions and speakers with the opening of Early Bird Registration on May 1. Join our May 9 webinar - May Webinar - Sneak Preview: PowerUP! 2023 Conference and view the PowerUP! 2023 webpage for additional details. We will use an app – downloadable to your phone or tablet/iPad - for all program-related information on sessions, speakers etc.
- Will I need a rental car? No. All events are at either the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore or close walking distance. For those driving to Baltimore, there are ample public garages nearby.
- What airlines fly into Baltimore (BWI)? The following major airlines serve Baltimore Washington International (BWI): Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines as well as some smaller airlines.
- Will there be tours and tourist activities planned for attendees or families? No, but please come early and stay late to enjoy Baltimore’s Inner Harbor on your own! Here are some links: Visit Baltimore and DC Travel Magazine’s Tips for Visiting The Inner Harbor
- Will parking be available for those driving to the conference?
- Valet Overnight Parking: $50.00/day and can be charged to your room.
- Valet Daily Parking: $30
- Self-Parking: $25.00/day, cannot be charged to your room, the garage is managed separately and tickets are to be paid upon departure of the garage
- *Please keep in mind that with the majority of guests arriving on Sunday, valet and self-parking will limit congestion in front of the hotel. The main benefit of valet parking is unlimited exiting from and returning to the garage, whereas with self-parking you will be charged each time you leave the garage.
- When do events begin and end? Check-in begins at 1 pm for the "Getting a Head Start in Making Connections: Affinity Group Sessions" that begin at 4 pm followed by a welcome reception at 6 pm and dinner at 6:30 pm on Sunday, November 5. The conference concludes on Tuesday, November 7 after an open networking session from 11am to noon. We encourage you to come before and stay after the conference to continue the conversations, enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant and visit the sights of Baltimore with your new Philanos colleagues!
- Will there be a photographer at the conference? Yes. We will be taking photos, and audio and video clips to document this amazing gathering and plan to get the word out about the power of collective giving in social media and other channels. By attending, you are agreeing to potentially be photographed, recorded, and filmed and to the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of any photos, recording or filming of your appearance, voice, and name for any purpose by Philanos and co-Hosts, including for use on websites, social media, news and promotion.
- Can I pay my registration fee by check? Yes, checks made payable to Philanos can be mailed to 12120 State Line Rd, #233, Leawood, KS 66209. Be sure to include your invoice # in the memo for accurate registration payment credit. Remember, registrations are not considered complete until paid in full, and no payments will be accepted at the door.
- What is the dress code? Pack business casual attire. The weather in Baltimore in early November can range from the high 50s to low 30s in the daytime and the high 40s to low 30s in the evening.
- Is my family welcome? Yes, we welcome you to enjoy all Baltimore’s Inner Harbor has to offer. If you are interested in extending your reservation before or after the conference dates, please contact the hotel directly at 410-576-5800 to inquire about pricing and availability for additional nights. The group rate will be honored based on availability.
- Note: Conference events are for registrants only.
- I am a member of a Philanos affiliate, how can I get involved in volunteering during the conference? Submit your information here and the volunteer committee leaders will follow-up.