As a member of the national Philanos team, you have opportunity to:
- Create and amplify quality initiatives and solutions for affiliates across the globe;
- Change the narrative of an area of collective giving through your expertise and passion;
- Collaborate with women with diverse experiences and perspectives;
- Gain Confidence and be nurtured in your philanthropic leadership journey;
- Connect to women from across the network who are equally as committed to women’s collective giving; and
- Celebrate the joy of new friendships and fresh ways of thinking!
We believe Philanos’ efforts to inspire women’s philanthropy and strengthen organizations for impactful grantmaking are best when inclusive of women with a range of skills and diversity of thought and experience. Together, we are impacting communities for the better!
If you wish to refer a good candidate for the Board of Directors or Governance Committee, send her name, giving circle affiliate, phone number, and email to Paula Perkins, Governance Committee Chair. She will ensure that one of our Nominating Committee members connects personally with your referral.
Do you have questions about the application? Or, do you need to talk with someone before deciding if this is right for you? We’re happy to visit with you to talk about Philanos and these opportunities. Email your request to Paula Perkins, Governance Committee Chair.
Throughout the year, we are seeking women who want to join one of our committees. Just raise your hand! It’s an excellent way to see how Philanos works, especially if you’re interested in joining the Board in the future.
Check out the following committee descriptions and then email listed contacts to voice your interests and/or for questions.
Affiliate Engagement Committee
We look forward to hearing from all nominees!
Philanos Governance Committee